Saturday, November 10, 2007

Chowder's --Fisherman's Wharf

“Chowders” Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco

I know better then this. I know how bad of an idea this was, but I just wanted some damn clam chowder in a bread bowl. I was out strolling around the city alone as I often do since I only work on the weekends. I found my self hungry, at Fisherman’s Wharf. I know what you are thinking, eating on Fisherman’s Wharf is like running backward, naked through a cornfield at midnight (thanks Gary Busey). But all I wanted was clam chowder in a bread bowl. Where do you think you could find such a treat? Hmm couldn’t go wrong with “Chowders” right? WRONG. This… soup, which I wouldn’t deign to call a soup was… icky. No other word for it. Icky. I have some experience with making soup, seeing as I used to cook at “Soop” in the gourmet ghetto of Berkeley.
Icky. There was definitely no butter in this soup, nor was there cream. They didn’t use wheat flour, or at least not very much of it, there was no clam juice. There was far more ham then clams. Clam chowder from a can is many times better then this sludge. Please god… don’t eat this.

I’m a big guy, I like to eat and it shows in my waistline. When a guy like me turns away food… it means something. It could be poison, it could be horrible, whatever it is You don’t want to eat it. I didn’t eat much of it few bites and I had to throw in the towel… this doesn’t happen often.. I hate wasting food but I didn’t feel so bad since I didn’t think of this as “food”. I wouldn’t even feed this crap to TOURISTS!

Taste of the Bay

No comments: